- DEEP BLUE RACE Crossing is an original and innovative event organized by Ibiza Blue Challenge to be held on the 18th-19th of September 2021.
*The race will be held on the 18th of September unless it has to be moved to the 19th if weather conditions are too bad on the 18th.
- The event will take place on a weekend. Here follows the agenda for both days:
-Saturday 18th: a competitive DEEP BLUE RACE. Distance: 7/8 km.
-Sunday 19th: a non-competitive coastal swim crossing. Distance: 5/7 km.
*The athlete can register for both days or just one.
- Wetsuits are allowed. Fins, paddles, breathing tubes or any other element that may help swimmers advance is not allowed.
3.Day 1: in the morning, athletes will be picked up by a bus at the Official Hotel and transferred to the port to board on Saga, a classical sailing boat that will take them to the race starting point. The race starting point will be kept secret until all swimmers are on board. The organizer will transfer swimmers to a location 5-7 km away from the coast and will have to swim to the coast or isle where the same boat will be waiting for them-Finish Line.
When the race is over, swimmers will enjoy a Spanish Paella on board and the award giving ceremony will start. The boat will be anchored in a beautiful spot.
Then, swimmers will sail to the port and will be transferred by bus to the Official Hotel.
4-Day 2: swimmers will be picked up by a bus at the Official Hotel and transferred to the starting point of the coastal swim crossing. Depending on the weather and sea conditions, the organization will handle different options. The final decision will be informed on the day before once the competitive race is over. Distance: 5-7 km. The organizer will provide support at all times and there will be three different swimming levels. Swimmers that belong to one specific swimming level-group will have to advance together at all times.
At the end of the crossing, swimmers will be transferred to the hotel by bus. Lunch will be served at the Restaurant Can Thotom, located at the port of San Miguel. The award giving ceremony will take place after lunch.
- Age of participants: minimum 16 years of age to join any of the two events.
- The crossing ranking will be published on the organizer’s website: ibizabluechallenge.com
- Competitive race categories and prices:
- Three first classified-Men’s absolute category (no wetsuit)
- Three first classified-Women’s absolute category (no wetsuit)
- Three first classified-Men’s absolute category (with wetsuit)
- Three first classified-Women’s absolute category (with wetsuit)
- The organizer will provide boats with health personnel, organization staff, kayakers. Also, the organizer will contract insurance policies and will obtain all the necessary administrative licences to make use of the maritime area.
- The organizer will take out a civil liability insurance for this event and swimmers will be covered by an accident insurance so athletes do not need to be affiliated to any national federation to join the event.
- The swimmer will make sure he/she is in good mental and physical conditions to participate in the event. To ensure success, the swimmer should be able to swim, at least, 2 hours in a swimming pool (nonstop) to cover 5,000 m.
- The swimmer shall not climb or lean on boats, people or objects during the crossing (to get help to move forward) although, exceptionally, they are allowed to do so on the second day.
- No food or waste shall be thrown overboard. Infringement will result in direct disqualification.
- Support kayaks and motor boats will be provided by the organization: 1 every 5/7 swimmers. They will ensure safety and security of all participants and may help them with the provisioning.
- At all times, the swimmer will carry a Signalling Buoy and it will be properly tied to his/her body as well as a whistle to be blown when in trouble.
- The organizer will not organize any aid stations or provisioning. The athlete shall organize his/her own provisioning (to be carried in the buoy, drinks as well as food). All the waste, packaging and leftovers, will be handed over to the organization kayakers. All drinks and food will be properly labelled by the swimmer, with a marker, to ensure that nothing is thrown into the ocean.
- In the event of cancellation due to force majeure, the organizer will reimburse 100 % of the registration fee by means of bonuses for future editions of the race or other races organized by Ibiza Blue Challenge.
- The athlete WILL NOT take any drug/medication included in the list of prohibited or doping drugs published by the Higher Sports Council or the World Ruling Body.
- Your Registration includes:
- Athlete’s health insurance.
- Swimmer pack: T-shirt + cap.
- Finisher medal for all the participants who have finished the race and a gift for all those who have joined the trip.
- Kayaks provided by the organization.
- Crafty trophies made of recycled material.
- Hotel according to booking details.
- Transfer by bus to activities.
- Lunch for both days.
- Official hotel:
The Official hotel is San Miguel Park y Esmeralda Mar located at San Miguel port, Ibiza. It is a friendly location near the beach and a family business managed by a family from Ibiza in love with sports. The organization offers a package, race + hotel (half board) for a weekend at a special price. The special offer is available for athletes as well as accompanying people.
1-bedroom apartment for 4 Pax. Description: one double bedroom (two single beds) separated from the living room. The dining room has a satellite TV, two double bed couches and a kitchenette with a microwave, a fridge and kitchenware. One complete bathroom with hairdryer. Air conditioning and balcony or terrace.
*Apartments for a minimum of 2 Pax. If you need the apartment for single use, you will have to pay 50 € extra (for both nights).
RATES INCLUDE: buffet breakfast from 08.00 am to 11.00 am served at our restaurant. Buffet dinner from 19.00 pm to 21.30 pm served at our restaurant (drinks are not included).
Hotel booking details: check in on the 17th of September (dinner included) + 18th of September (breakfast and dinner included) + 19th of September (breakfast included). Check out on the 19th of September.
Only 35 registrations available for the DEEP BLUE RACE and for each of the days. Registration order according to online registrations: https://sportmaniacs.com/c/i-deep-blue-race. Registrations will open on the 10th of February 2021 at 08.00 am CET and will close on the 31st of August 2021 at 23.59 pm CET.
– 0€ if cancelled before the 31st of May 2021.
-10€ if cancelled before the 31st of July 2021.
-100% of registration fee after the 1st of September 2021.
-RATES AND REGISTRATION OPTIONS:
-DAY 1 (race + bus transfer + boat transfer + lunch on board): 135€
-DAY 2 (excursion + bus transfer + lunch):65€
-DAY 1+2: 185€
-FULL PACKAGE-DAY 1+2+OFFICIAL HOTEL (2 nights / Half board): 290€
-HOTEL PACKAGE FOR ACCOMPANYING PEOPLE ADULT(2 nights / Half board + extra lunch): 125€
-HOTEL PACKAGE FOR ACCOMPANYING CHILDREN(2-14 YEARS OLD)(2 nights / Half board + extra lunch): 75€
-INDIVIDUAL APARTMENT PLUS: 50€
JOIN US AND ENJOY THE OCEAN!
Mobile phone number/WhatsApp: +34 633470934