THE BIG SPLASH REGULATIONS
- THE BIG SPLASH is an event that will take place on September 10, 2023, created by Project Zero and Ibiza Blue Challenge with the collaboration of the Ibiza Town Hall and the Ibiza Preservation Foundation.
- Project Zero is a UK based charity that creates events and experiences in art, music and sports like THE BIG SPLASH to raise awareness and funds to protect and restore the ocean and blue carbon ecosystems. Project Zero’s goal is to secure the protection of a global network of ocean sanctuaries and blue carbon ecosystems to create a sustainable future for life on Earth.
- Ibiza Blue Challenge is an Ibizan company with many years of experience in the field of sports organization and swimming crossings that promotes respect for the environment in all the activities it organizes and that joins Project Zero to give dissemination to the conservation of the marine environment through the Big Splash
Athletes can select one of the four distances proposed by the organization:
- SPLASH 5km is a journey for advanced level swimmers of a competitive type for long distance
- SPLASH 3km is a journey for advanced and intermediate level swimmers of a competitive
- SPLASH 5km more accessible but also in a competitive format.
- MINI SPLASH 0.8 km, non-competitive and the most popular of all and that is aimed at children accompanied by their parents and swimmers of all
- The routes in the document attached to this page or in the link: CIRCUITS
- The use of neoprene, fins, paddles, tube or any element that helps in the propulsion will not be allowed in the competitive tests but if in the popular
- The minimum age of the swimmer on the day of the event must be 14 years for the 5km and 3km tests, 11 years for the 1.5km and 3 years for the popular In the Minisplash test, all children under 10 years of age must be accompanied by an adult, being able to wear flotation elements for those who cannot swim or who have a very basic level.
- The organization will establish a ranking of the results of the crossings that will be published on the ibizabluechallenge.com website and on this sportmaniacs
- The categories and prizes will be for the fasted five finishers both female and male in each of the three competitive
- The organization will have boats with health personnel, organization personnel, canoeists, insurance in order and the administrative authorizations necessary for the use of maritime space.
- The organization has contracted civil liability insurance for the celebration of this event and the swimmer will be covered by accident insurance so it is not necessary to be federated to carry out this
- The swimmer agrees to check his health and to be in perfect physical and mental condition before taking part in the test. To have the best guarantee of success in this challenge, it is recommended that the swimmer be able to swim, at least, in 1h of continuous swimming in a pool a distance of 2,500m without great difficulty.
- The time limit to complete the route will be 2h 30 minutes for the 5km test, 1h and 30 minutes for the 3k test and 1h for the 1.5k test. The mini splash test has no time limit.
- The swimmer may not climb or lean on boats, people or objects in either of the two competitive
- No object or waste may be thrown into the sea and violating this rule will be grounds for direct disqualification.
- The organization establishes in the competitive routes of mandatory passage areas duly marked with buoys and according to the route plans, as well as a liquid refreshment point in the middle of the route.
- The organization will provide support kayakers that will ensure the safety of all participants.
- The organization has alternative circuits of the same distance in case of bad conditions, reserving the right to partially modify the route or the original distance if necessary. In case of cancellation due to force majeure, the organization will compensate participants with 50% of the cost of registration through discounts in future editions or tests that it may organize.
- The athlete is prohibited from taking any medication that is on the list of prohibited or doping medications published by the Consejo Superior de Deportes or responsible world organisation.
Your registration includes:
Health coverage insurance for the athlete. Swimming cap.
Finisher medal for all who finish the event.
SPLASH 5k, 3k and 1.5k
Health coverage insurance for the athlete. Swimming cap + bag + t-shirt.
Finisher medal for all who finish the events.
DORSAL ZERO- 10€
SPLASH 5K- 35€ for top ten registrations and 50€ for the rest.
SPLASH 3K- 25€ for top ten registrations and 35€ for the rest.
SPLASH 1,5K- 15€ for top ten registrations and 20€ for the rest.
MINISPLASH 0,7K- 6€
REFUND POLICY: The registration fee will be refunded, provided there is written unsubscribe communication by email email@example.com, according to the following scheme:
-90% warning with a minimum of 60 days before the event.
-50% notifying a minimum of 30 days before the event.
- All athletes who wish to register for BIG SPLASH can do so on the online platform https://sportmaniacs.com/c/ii-the-big-splash between 8:00 p.m. on October 10, 2022 and 11:59 m. on September 7, 2023 or until the end of places.
- PROGRAM OF ACTIVITIES Sunday September 10
9:00 to 10:00 – SPLASH 3K and SPLASH 5k accreditation and collection of numbers and delivery of a gift set to all participants in Playa de Talamanca.
10:00 to 10: 30 – SPLASH 1,5K accreditation and collection of numbers and delivery of a gift set to all participants in Playa de Talamanca.
10:15 – Accompaniment of athletes by the organization of the 3k and 5k to the starting point on foot.
10: 45- Accompaniment of athletes by the organization of the 1.5k to the starting point on foot.
11:00 – Start of the SPLASH 5k from Botafoch lighthouse. Give trophies at the end of the test. A cloakroom will be available at the place of departure
11:05 – Start of the SPLASH 3k from Botafoch lighthouse. Give trophies at the end of the test. A cloakroom will be available at the place of departure
11: 30-Start of the 1.5K SPLASH from Illa Plana beach. Give trophies at the end of the race.
11:00 to 12:00 – MINI SPLASH Accreditation and collection of swimming caps for all participants in Playa de Talamanca.
12: 00 – Accompaniment of athletes by the organization of the MINI SPLASH to the starting point on foot (transfer of less than 1km).
12: 30 – Start of the MINI SPLASH from Illa Plana beach. A cloakroom will be available at the place of departure.
13: 30 – END THE BIG SPLASH 2023
- The transfers to the starting point of each test will be carried out on foot to be more sustainable. The organization will have a vehicle for disabled swimmers or people with reduced mobility.
- The walking distances are 770m to the starting point of the mini-splash race, 920m to the 1.5k race and 1.2km to the starting point of the 3k and 5k.
- The organization will provide a volunteer who will accompany each group walking to their exit but in the case of knowing the exact exit point, the swimmer can move by their own means.
- It is the responsibility of the swimmer to be at the starting point at the time corresponding to the start of the
- The organization will deliver a bag with a bib number so that the swimmer can leave their clothes or shoes to the organization just before the start and will have a cloakroom point at the start of all the tests and will bring all that material so that the swimmer picks it up when they reach the finish
- The organization will carry out an explanatory briefing of each race in the bib collection area prior to traveling to the starting
- The places are limited to 300 registrations that will be granted in order of entry to the online registration platform sportmaniacs.com. Although initially it is expected that 75 places will be allocated to each of the four distances (Mini,5k, 3k and 1.5k) the organization reserves the right to modify these quotas if any of the races fills all its places and they are available in the other distance. In any case, the sum of places will not exceed 300 registered.
- This event is designed so that you can enjoy the best waters of the Mediterranean in complete safety and discover the great wealth of one of our greatest treasures: POSIDONIA PLANT
- This event wants to contribute and support PROJECT ZERO and you have the possibility of making a donation for non-participants who want to collaborate in these environmental
- Links of interest:
OFFICIAL TOURISM SITE OF IBIZA
- The organization will update a list of collaborating hotels with special prices for athletes on this website. Registrants will also be informed, by email, of possible accommodation offers.