Posidonia Race 2024 will be held october 6
1. The swim sector will start from the water, 100 m from the beach Cala D´Hort in the municipality of San José and then athletes will swim around the isles Es Vedrà and es Vedranell (in the 10 km race) and a segment between the start and the isle of Es Vedranell in the case of the short race. In both cases, athletes will go back to the start spot.
2. Wetsuit allowed. No flippers, blades, tubes or devices that propel swimmers are not allowed. Male and female ranking categories organized. The water temperature is about 25ºc
Start will be from the water, 100 m away from the beach Cala d´Hort. Swimmers will go straight to Es Vedrà to swim around the two isles and come back to the start point, between the buoy and the coastline. The finish line is at the start line. There will be officials and staff to time the arrival and there will be boats to take care of swimmers.
Start from the water 100 m away from the beach Cala d´Hort. Swimmers will go straight to Es Vedranell, to turn around the buoy placed in front of the isle and to come back between the buoy and the coastline. The finish line is at the start line. There will be officials and staff to time the arrival and there will be boats to take care of swimmers.
3. Swimmers, on the day of the race, have to be at least 15 years of age (5 km race) and 17 years of age (10 km).
4. The Organizing Committee will provide a results ranking to be published on ibizabluechallenge.com.
5. Each race will have its own awards for related categories:
Senior / male: three first classified athletes(without wetsuit)
Senior / female: three first classified athletes(without wetsuit)
Vet / male: three first classified athletes (from 1984 and before without wetsuit).
Vet / female: three first classified athletes (from 1984 and before without wetsuit).
Three first classified athletes /categories/ with wetsuit/ male.
Three first classified athletes /categories/ with wetsuit/ female.
6. There will be boats with health staff, organizing staff, canoeists, insurance policies and the necessary administrative licences to use the maritime area.
7. The organizers have signed a civil liability insurance contract and athletes will be covered by an insurance accident policy. No need to have a federation licence to take part in this event.
8. Swimmers are requested to do a check up (health) to confirm that he/she enjoys good mental and physical health to take part in this event. To ensure the success of the event, the swimmer should be able to swim at least 2h (non stop) in a swimming pool to cover a 5 000 m distance. The 10 k Posidonia Race cut off time is 4.5 h. The 5 k Posidonia Race cut off time is 3 hours.
9. During the event, the swimmer is not allowed to get support whatsoever from boats, people or objects.
10. No object or waste will be thrown into the sea. If so, the swimmer will be disqualified.
11. The Organizing Committee will place buoys or other objects to signal the swimming segment.
12. The Organizing Committee will provide Kayakers: 1 kayak per 5/7 swimmers. These kayakers will ensure safety of all participants and may collaborate as “aid stations” providing participants with drinks.
13. A signalling buoy will be attached (compulsory) to every swimmer, carrying a whistle to alert the organizers about a potential problem or need. No canoeist will take care of individual swimmers.
14. Athletes will provide themselves with their own supplies (in the buoy) or will get it from the canoes (with drinks for swimmers). Athletes will have to carry their own waste or give it to the canoeists. No waste to be thrown on the sea. The swimmer will mark his/her own drinks/food, with a marker, to ensure nothing will be thrown on to the sea.
15. The Organizing Committee has designed alternative segments/circuits in case of bad weather, if necessary. In case of cancelation by major force participants will be reimbursed 50 % of the fee by means of discounts in future editions or races to be organized.
16. The athlete cannot take any drug included in the list of prohibited or doping drugs published by the Higher Council of Sports or the World body in charge.
17. Your registration includes:
• Health insurance.
• Swimmer kit with official t-shirt and swimcap.
•Finisher and swimsuit for those who finish the swimming crossing.
• Kayakers provided by the Organizers.
.Trophies hand made with recycled materials.